'Exit, Stage Left!'

When was the last time I thought about Snagglepuss?

I waste a lot of time and brain cells on all sorts of worthless trivia, but that cartoon cougar hasn’t crossed my mind in decades.

That dry spell ended on Thursday as I was wrapping up my workout at the gym and the character’s catchphrase “Heavens to Mugatroyd!” popped into my head.

For those of you who don't know, Snagglepuss was a Hanna-Barbara character who made his debut in 1959.

He wore an upturned collar, shirt cuffs, and a bow tie. He had a love for theater and he constantly broke the fourth wall to speak to his audience.

His voice bears a resemblance to Bert Lahr's--the Cowardly Lion himself--and Lahr, in fact, filed a lawsuit when Snagglepuss appearred in a run of Kellogg's ceral commericals.

I'm not sure why he came to mind, but since I’m taking a break from blogging for a little while, I’m thinking of one of Snagglepuss’ other lines: “Exit, stage left!”, which he said when he had to make a quick getaway.

I’m nervous--frantic even--but I’m going to try and enjoy myself and I encourage you to do the same.

I’ll probably won’t be reading any blogs for a while, but I’ll make it up once I’m back in business.

I'm hoping to make some changes in my time off, or at least some improvements. I know I've said this before, but I'm really feeling it now. Maybe this is the time for a some ideas.

After all, Snagglepuss was reimagined a few years back as a gay, Southern Gothic playwright.

Heavens to Mugatroyd, indeed!

Comments

Bijoux said…
Enjoy your time away, Rob. Take care!
Rob Lenihan said…
Thanks, Bijoux!!

Much love!
I thought that Snagglepuss GN was ambitious and mostly succeeded.

Take your well-deserved break. Let's not lose though,though.

Cheers, mate.
Hey Rob, I sure do remember Snagglepuss as he was quite the debonair feline and that phrase was terrific too. I can see why Bert Lahr would have filed a lawsuit over the voice resemblance.

Do enjoy yourself on your blog break, but please do return as you would be missed by myself and others.
Relax and enjoy yourself and as it's been said, don't fret the small stuff, because in reality it really is ALL small stuff.

Here's hoping everything you hope to change works out for you.
Rob Lenihan said…
Hey, Dorothy, thanks so much!

That is so kind of you. I am back and will be posting and commenting very soon.
Rob Lenihan said…
Thanks, Walter!

I'm back in town.

Popular posts from this blog

Missed Connection

Land of Enchantment

‘Permanently Closed’