Honolulu Baby

The future is a dark cloud, Christmas is kicking down the front door, and I’ve got a million things to do around the house.

So naturally I’m taking off for Honolulu this morning.

Yes, I decided that I needed a little more adventure in my life so I booked this trip a few months ago.

Now that the day has finally arrived all I can do is think of my dear mother’s words whenever I did something totally ridiculous.

“Oh, Robert,” she’d say. “Whatever possessed you!”

Indeed. What the hell did possess me? I don’t know, but whatever the crazy spirit was it seems to have hit the road and left me here with a chorus of jangled nerves.

I always freak before taking long trips. It’s kind of my thing. And I’ve made the Hawaii trip before, traveling to the Big Island with my family to celebrate Christmas several years ago.

But now I’m on my own and juggling so many worries I could land a gig on the Ed Sullivan Show.

No matter. I’m on my way and I know my mother would’ve been very proud to see me overcome my fear and travel to some place new. Maybe her spirit has possessed me.

I’ll be hard to reach for a while, so everybody behave, eat your vegetables and let’s see if we can regroup before the year runs out.

Aloha…

Comments

Bijoux said…
How fantastic! Have a super time!!!
bonnie said…
Awww, my favorite place in the world! Have a wonderful wonderful trip!
Ron said…
Rob, have a faaaaaaaaaabulous time in Honolulu! And I think it's awesome that you decided to listen to that spirit and take this adventure. And what a perfect time too! Enjoy all that warmth and sunshine, buddy!

Have a super holiday and aloha!

P.S. Have a safe journey!
Dang, dude! Have a wonderful trip - Coco and I have been to the islands numerous times and it's always been swell. Will you be there over the holidays? And if you are or can reschedule your trip through Seattle - do it! Even if I can only come down and spend time with you at the airport!
Rob K said…
Walter I am due back on Dec 22 and will spot in LA. But thanks! Ron, Bonnie & Bijoux, thanks so much!
I do wish you a safe and happy trip, mate. :-)

Greetings from London.
Rob K said…
Thanks, Brother!

Popular posts from this blog

Missed Connection

‘Permanently Closed’

Getting Connected