'More Wind Than We Deserve'

So it's Day Eight and I still don't have an internet, telephone, or television connection.

This is also Election Day, and I did my civic duty, but at this rate I'll have to get the results by carrier pigeon.

I am getting so fed up with this. If I lived in the backwoods of Kentucky, I would understand that the hook-ups would be touch and go.

But I don't. I live in New York Freaking City, the center of it all, and yet I'm forced to borrow my sister's computer to blog and tape my cellphone to my head to talk to people.

I've been away from the web for so long I feel like Amelia Earhart.

Yes, I understand other people have it worse. Yes, I should probably be ashamed of myself for complaining. But the combination of the chronic fatigue, bad back, and inability to communicate with the outside world is making me nuttier than usual.

I get the feeling that if I were reduced to just a head in a fish tank, someone would knock on the glass and say, "you know there are people worse off than you." Thanks a lot, but that's not very comforting right now,

Time Warner charges and arm and a leg for its "services" and yet now, when something actually happens, they are completely ineffectual. I have called them repeatedly, only to be told that "we're working on it." What does this work consist of--wishful thinking and rubbing two sticks together?

And what's more annoying is that my neighbors and I all lost service early last Monday--hours before Hurrican Sandy actually arrived. Did the system die of fright?

I need the internet so I can work from home--duh! My back's a little better, but I'm concerned about aggravating the condition. If I can just get back online, I'd be a hell of a lot happier.

Yes, I'm kind of down right now. Dealing with a lot of hostility and negavity-I'm essentially in a "what next?" mode, as in "what next can go wrong?" But it's never a good idea to ask that question because the answer could blow your mind--literally.

The day before Sandy hit a meterologist warned that we would be battered by "more wind than we deserve" and he called that one right, that's for damn sure.

Now that I've ranted a bit, let me say that my thoughs and prayers are with people who lost loved ones in this terrible storm and to those who lost their homes.

I can't even imagine what that is like and I truly thankful that I got through this thing in fairly good shape.

Once again, I promise to get back to regular blogging as soon as this business is sorted out. And thanks for all your concern.

See you soon..

Comments

Ron said…
"I understand other people have it worse. Yes, I should probably be ashamed of myself for complaining. But the combination of the chronic fatigue, bad back, and inability to communicate with the outside world is making me nuttier than usual."

Rob, I think anyone would be frustrated with what you and others have been through this past week. I realize that many people might have it worse than you, but it's all relative to what "we're" experiencing.

Trust me, I feel very blessed to not have lost power or experienced any major damage from that hurricane, but if I couldn't get online or use my phone to communicate with others, I too would be complaining.

So glad to hear that your back is going better!

You take care and know that I'm sharing much "good energy" with you and others, that you get your service back on.

Have a great week, buddy!
Rob K said…
Ron, I can't thank you enough for that good energy. It's certainly made a difference in my life. You take care, buddy!

Popular posts from this blog

Land of Enchantment

Missed Connection

Getting Connected