Friday, October 03, 2008
Blogade Grows in Brooklyn
The Brooklyn Blogade, a summit meeting of some of the funkiest bloggers you ever want to meet, will touch down at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden on Sunday, October 12.
The event will be hosted by Flatbush Gardner, who took the photo accompanying this post, and it promises to be a blast.
The Schedule of Events looks something like this:
* 11am to 12noon: Food on your own at BBG's al fresco Terrace Cafe. Blogade attendees can sign in and get their name tags at the Blogade registration table near the Bonsai House.
* 12noon to 2pm: Main program in the Member's Room of the recently landmarked Laboratory and Administration Building. Meet Dave Allen, BBG's Web Manager! There will be some brief presentations, time for Q&A, and of course, the shout-out.
* 2pm to 3:30pm: Continue schmoozing as you explore the gardens on a guided tour of BBG just for those attending the Blogade!
* BBG is offering free admission - and parking - to those attending the Blogade.
* Space in the Member's Room is limited.
* For free admission, please provide your real name.
* RSVPs will be fulfilled first-come, first-served.
* RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
These events are a great to meet other bloggers and they're always fun. So if you're a Brooklyn blogger, come and down and represent...or whatever the current expression is. You'll be glad you did. And so will we.